We weren't planning anything big for valentines day but I decided with how stressed Brady has been with work that we could take a really quick trip to St George. Brady's grandpa hasn't seen the baby yet and Brady has been saying we needed to go down, so after he got off work at midnight I told him as a surprise that we are going to St. George. I had everything packed and we jumped in the car and drove. We got to St. George at 5am so we stopped at walmart and got a few things we needed, I'm sure the workers were wondering what we were doing at five in the moring with a baby. ( I know I think that at 3am when I'm at Maceys) We then went to the McDonald's parking lot to use their free wifi to book a hotel. We then headed out to Zions but on our way found out it would be 25 for a park entrance fee and decide it wouldn't be worth it so we went back to visit his Grandma at work. She is one of those cute sample ladies at Costco. I had called to tell them we were coming down but his Grandpa hadn't heard my name so they knew someone was coming down but not who, so that was kinda a fun surprise. We then made plans for dinner after she got off work and we went to snow canyon it was beautiful. We took a hike and explored a little. Then went back to the hotel and went swimming and cleaned up for dinner. We went to dinner at this cute Mexican restaurant and got to visit with Brady's Grandparents it was fun to get to know them better. We made plans for breakfast Monday before we made the trip home. We feel asleep pretty fast once we got back to the hotel from all of our travels. Then we went to breakfast and headed home. We got home with enough time for Brady to take a nap before he had to go to work at 4pm. It was a fast trip but we got that nice break from the daily grind.
How fun!!! I think quick trips like that are awesome, they give you a little rejuvenation when the cold/yucky weather seems to last so long.
ReplyDelete